Information service offering advice to women online, by phone and in person
The Women’s Information Service provides information to South Australian women online, over the telephone and in person.
Part of the Office for Women, it was started in 1978 as the Women’s Information Switchboard.
From its shopfront on the ground floor at 101 Grenfell Street, Adelaide (opposite Regent Arcade), it offers women advice on:
- Family life and relationships
- Domestic/family violence, sexual assault and safety
- Health and wellbeing
- Accommodation and housing issues
- Financial security and independence
- Women's groups and events
- Education, training and career paths
Special services target hearing-impaired women (SMS 0401 989 860) and homeless women, including victims of domestic violence and asylum seekers.